This month, I have busy revamping and tweaking the studio for acoustic balance and monitoring. With the help of my acoustic colleague, I am in the final stages of collaboration.
- Set up a track in your DAW with a tone generator to output pink noise (70-80db). I am using MOTU’s Microbook II…. listen.
- Measure SPL via meter or use an app with your smartphone and listen.
- Point the SPL meter at in the center of one of the speakers while maintaining equal distance between Left and Right monitors…note distance and listen.
- Pan the pink noise to L/R individually and note levels. – listen
- Set proper gain controls on the back of your monitors to ensure L/R levels are the same audibly …listen!